Tuesday 11 May 2010

Enterteenment


I wasn't able to see this on TV as Nickelodeon is a channel I don't receive. I'm just grateful that it was recorded and uploaded for our viewing pleasure. The first view of the set is a nice surprise as everything's so sharp and clear compared to the soft-focus glare of Five or the smoke of GMTV. The faux-laser light beams remind me of the set from the performance on The View with the camera work lending a music video feel to it. We get some beautiful shots as Adam in his AMA get-up plays up to the camera. For once we can hear his voice becoming a tiny bit affected by the dancing, and 'You thought an angel' being a bit on the shaky side, but he finishes strongly with those perfect glory notes. There isn't much improvisation with the vocal and it looks like the big crotch movements were edited out for the younger target audience, but this has to be one of the best visual treats of FYE so far.

4 comments:

  1. AB, I agree, one of the best versions of FYE, and the visuals are heavenly - those eyes, that face (sigh). Isn't his voice spectacular? He projects it so well, you barely notice the music in the background - that's how it came across on my computer anyway. Love this, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jo_blue, you're welcome! I think this is my favourite so far in terms of the set. It's so glam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam looks fierce and loved his look, but this isn't my fave FYE. Thought the dancers costumes looked really tacky, especially Taylor Green's. The sound, set and photography was sharp,good and closeups of Adam great, but not crazy about this particular vocal variation. Maybe it was the fishnet stockings that seemed overly distracting and cheapened the costumes for me. Wish I could have been more positive this time, as I love all of the many other performances with his dancers. funbunn40

    ReplyDelete
  4. funbunn40, I didn't really notice the dancers here, was too busy staring at Adam! It's not my favourite way he does the "Scream" glory note here, it lacks a little of the wow factor that's on some of his other versions but I think it's easier to find the right pitch when he slides up.

    ReplyDelete